Dara Epstein Obbard concentrates her practice in the area of affordable housing development and financing. Her practice includes representing developers, banks, other financial institutions, nonprofit organizations, governmental and quasi-governmental agencies, and condominium associations.
Prior to joining Hackett Feinberg, Dara was an associate at a Boston firm where she represented both developers (private, nonprofit, and community-based) and large institutional investors in structuring, negotiating and closing complex acquisition, development, public/private equity, tax credit, and tax-exempt bond financing and refinancing transactions. Dara previously served as the Director of Development and Operations of the Community Water Center, a nonprofit organization based in Visalia, CA that is dedicated to helping disadvantaged communities obtain safe, clean, and affordable drinking water. Dara oversaw all of the internal functions of the Community Water Center, including strategic planning, marketing and publicity, fundraising, human resources, and accounting.
- J.D., New York University School of Law, 2004
- B.A., cum laude, Yale University, 1998
- Vice-President, Temple Emanuel of Andover
- Director, Andover Community Trust
- Vice-Chair, Andover Town Government Study Committee
- Former Director, Andover Center for History and Culture
- Former Director, Boston Preservation Alliance
- Founding Member, Young Advisors Group of the Boston Preservation Alliance