Hackett Feinberg provides employers with thoughtful and practical solutions to successfully manage their human capital. We have the knowledge and experience necessary to guide businesses through the increasingly complex and shifting regulatory environment that impacts day-to-day employment issues from recruitment to termination, and everything in between.
We start with a commitment to understanding our client’s unique business. Rather than providing generic employment law advice, we partner with our clients to craft workplace strategies specifically tailored to their operations, industry sector, culture, and objectives.
Our employment lawyers draw on their experience working with businesses in a broad array of industries including technology, financial services, healthcare, hospitality, professional services, and transportation. We counsel businesses on all aspects of the employment relationship, such as:
- Hiring practices
- Employment and independent contractor agreements
- Wage and hour practices
- Discrimination, harassment, and retaliation
- Interpretation of overlapping federal and multi-state leave laws
- Reasonable accommodation for disabilities
- Leave of absence requests
- Workplace privacy issues
- Performance management and discipline
- Workplace violence
- Protection of organizational assets such as trade secrets and customer goodwill
- Termination of employment and group layoffs
- Unemployment compensation
Hackett Feinberg routinely represents companies and individual executives in employee mobility issues including drafting and negotiating executive employment, restrictive covenant, and separation agreements. Our firm also drafts and updates employee handbooks and policies, and other employment-related documentation aimed at clear employee communications and maximum protection from potential employment law claims.
Through our client-focused approach to counseling, we help employers reduce the likelihood of costly and disruptive employment disputes and increase the likelihood of favorably resolving them when they arise.
Let’s Get to Work!