Hackett Feinberg designs estate plans that focus on establishing legal, financial, and personal security for you and for your loved ones.
We alert you to issues and options you should consider and guide you to think through contingencies that may not have occurred to you, to make sure the documents you sign are fully tailored to your specific life situation, needs, and goals.
We create comprehensive plans for wealth preservation and legal and personal security for your loved ones. Our plans are flexible and adaptable to many foreseeable events that may arise in your life. This means you do not need to update your plan every time there is a change in your life situation.
We regularly work with our clients to address such issues as:
- Providing for the surviving spouse, unmarried partner, children, grandchildren, or others dependent on you – financially, emotionally, or otherwise
- Planning for the care of you or a loved one who becomes, or is, incapacitated
- Determining how best to pass on family heirlooms, the family home, vacation property, fine art, or collectibles, and how to avoid family discord over those assets
- Facilitating the management of rental property and vacation property shared by extended family or friends
- Succession planning for closely held and family businesses
- Using your resources to improve the lives of people close to you and motivate them to make the most of their own abilities
- Minimizing taxes when selling property or when you die
- Gifting and charitable donations
- Retirement benefits planning
- Wealth preservation for you and your family
- Avoiding probate, guardianship, or other court proceedings
Our discussions culminate with producing documents that address your specific life situation and goals, including:
- Wills and revocable living trusts, with QTIP trust, marital trust, and bypass trust provisions as needed
- Durable powers of attorney, healthcare proxies, and other healthcare directives
- Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts (ILITs)
- Limited liability companies and Cabin Trusts
- Grantor Retained Annuity Trusts (GRATs)
- Charitable lead and remainder trusts
- Qualified Personal Residence Trusts (QPRTs)
- Generation-skipping and dynasty trusts