Shaun W. Briere concentrates his practice in all areas of complex commercial finance, including leading the firm’s renewable energy finance practice group.
Shaun has represented both lenders and borrowers in the following types of transactions:
- Renewable energy project financing, including solar and wind energy developments, ranging from New England, New York and New Jersey to as far as Arizona
- SBA-guaranteed Section 7(a), Section 504 and SBA Express lending transactions for national and local SBA lenders
- Middle-market and lower middle-market loans of all types ranging in loan size from under $1.0MM individual term or revolving loan facilities up to multiple facility loans exceeding $75MM
- Commercial and industrial loan transactions secured by a variety of collateral security portfolios
- Commercial real estate lending transactions including mortgage term loans, construction loans of all types, subdivision and condominium loans and 40B projects
- Multi-lender syndicated deals and loan participations
- Asset-based lending transactions
- Secured transactions involving investment accounts, equipment, accounts receivables, intellectual property, equity interests, motor vehicles, rolling stock, vessels, aircraft, and liquor licenses
- Documentation and negotiation of intercreditor and subordinated debt agreements
- Franchise Lending
- Search Fund Lending and Private Equity Sponsored deals
- Tax Exempt Bond Financing
- Financing for M&A transactions
Shaun also assists individual and corporate clients in business transactions and commercial real estate matters including zoning and permitting considerations, documentation of business asset purchase agreements, purchase contracts for the sale of real property and commercial leasing, with a concentration centering around youth sports complexes and arenas.
Shaun currently resides with his wife and two children in Reading, Massachusetts. He serves his hometown of Woburn, Massachusetts on the Board of Directors of the James L. McKeown Boys & Girls Club of Woburn, where he is a past President.
- J.D., University of Connecticut School of Law, 2003
- B.A., College of the Holy Cross, 2000
- Member, Boston Bar Association
- Ongoing presentations to lenders, credit groups and underwriting teams, regarding renewable energy financing structures.