Hackett Feinberg guides private companies from a wide variety of industries through their most important strategic transactions. Our experience ranges from mergers and acquisitions to liquidations and divestitures. Our clients include both buyers and sellers of private companies, including entrepreneurs and family-owned businesses, equity sponsors, and corporations.
We advise on buying and selling private companies through a variety of deal structures, such as stock or asset acquisitions and recapitalizations. In addition, we advise on spin-offs and resolve complex issues involving boards of directors, challenging tax considerations, and the payment of dividends. Hackett Feinberg also advises on purchasing or selling distressed companies or entities in or out of bankruptcy.
We support each aspect of the transaction with careful attention to the details and many moving parts – all without losing sight of the big-picture goal. Our M&A team is appreciated for focusing on the issues that matter, and clients engage us because of our track record of getting deals done.
Our experience across a wide range of industries and market sectors is extensive, and includes alternate energy, education, financial services, healthcare, industrials, legal, life sciences, manufacturing, real estate, restaurants, retail, sports and leisure, and transportation.
We have successfully negotiated, documented, and closed:
- Mergers, acquisitions, and sales of private companies
- Platform and add-on/bolt-on transactions by private equity firms and their portfolio companies
- Joint ventures and strategic alliances
- Acquisitions and dispositions of assets
- Purchases and sales of both controlling and minority interests
- Corporate reorganizations
- Transactions between affiliated business entities, including spin-offs and split-offs
Let’s Get to Work!