Dorothy J. Heebner helps clients with commercial and real estate financing transactions, including construction financing, affordable housing developments, conveyancing, leasing, and general lending and banking.
DJ has assisted representing affordable housing developers, banks, and state and local government entities with transactions involving low income housing tax credits, tax exempt bonds, zoning and land use issues, swaps and hedging agreements, loan modifications, and workouts. She has helped with all aspects of transactions, including financial structuring, entity formation, corporate authorization, title review, document negotiation, and closing logistics.
DJ helps achieve clients’ goals in closing fast-paced and complicated transactions through organized project management, and legal knowledge. She carries out diligence with a close attention to detail to help identify obstacles, and works collaboratively with working groups of lawyers and other professionals to develop creative solutions to reach beneficial closing outcomes.
- J.D., cum laude, University of Michigan Law School, 2015
- M.A., University of Michigan Rackham Graduate School, 2015
- B.A., Economics, with High Distinction, University of Michigan – Ann Arbor, 2011
- C0-chair Affordable Housing Committee, Boston Bar Association
- Real Estate Bar Association
- University of Michigan Alumni Association of Boston
- Represented nonprofit affordable housing developers in transactions to construct affordable apartments in Massachusetts, including managing multiple funding sources and associated restrictions
- Represented different agencies within The Commonwealth of Massachusetts through the MassDocs system and OneSource system
- Represented banks in their purchase of tax-exempt bonds from various Commonwealth of Massachusetts entities associated with loans to 501(c)(3) nonprofits and affordable housing developers
- Assisted banks with default and forbearance decisions with struggling bank clients, including detailed review of past loan documents
- Massachusetts Super Lawyer Rising Star 2023