Joseph E. Brooks concentrates his practice in all areas of complex commercial lending including the representation of banks and other financial institutions in commercial real estate, commercial and industrial, and asset-based credit transactions.
Joe has experience with a wide variety of secured lending transactions with collateral ranging from commercial real estate, accounts receivable, inventory, equipment, and intellectual property to all business assets. Joe also represents corporate clients regarding transactions, leasing, secured, and unsecured loans.
Originally from Maine, Joe currently resides in Carlisle, Massachusetts where he is an active volunteer in various youth sports organizations.
- J.D., Northeastern University School of Law, 2006
- B.A., University of Michigan, 2003
Joe represents banks, non-bank lenders and borrowers in finance transactions including:
- Commercial real estate lending transactions including mortgage term loans, construction loans, subdivision and condominium loans and 40B projects
- Revolving credit, equipment and term facilities
- Asset-based lending and cash flow loans
- Private Equity Sponsored deals
- Financing for M&A transactions.
- Documentation and negotiation of intercreditor and subordinated debt agreements
- Equipment lending and leasing facilities
- Forbearance and workouts of distressed and defaulted loans